Established in 1998 by the Polish Nurserymen Association to promote nursery production and popularize knowledge about plants and horticulture in society. Its main goals and activities include: shaping awareness about health, social, ecological, aesthetic and economic benefits resulting from plant surroundings in categories of the region, the city as well as the garden, home, terrace or balcony.
The Agency’s activities are concentrated in three areas:
– exhibitions – for 27 years organization of the GREEN IS LIFE International Exhibition, organization of joint appearances of firms from the nursery industry at domestic and foreign fairs (including IPM Essen, FLOWERS Moscow, ELMIA GARDEN Jönköping); design and implementation of promotional campaigns for external companies – stand and workshop program,
– publishing – in 2000, the first “CATALOG OF PLANTS recommended by the Polish Nurserymen’s Association” was released, presenting plants recommended by the association and common in the Polish market (currently the fifth edition of the Catalog is available). The portfolio also includes: PERENNIAL CATALOG, ROSE CATALOG, PLANTS FOR EVERY GARDEN, GREENERY FOR STREETS. The agency also implements external publishing work related to editing, proofreading, composition, and supervision over print and distribution (e.g. ORNAMENTAL PLANT NURSERIES, SELECTED ISSUES),
– conferences and training workshops – organization of conferences, training sessions and workshops related to gardening topics for individual recipient groups – nurserymen, contractors of green areas, owners and employees of garden centers, officials responsible for public greenery; implementation of tailor-made training sessions upon request.
The Polish Nurserymen Association was established in the autumn of 1991 by a dozen or so producers of ornamental nursery material. From the beginning, it was assumed that the association members must meet high ethical and professional standards. The association was intentionally shaped as a non-profit organization to facilitate the implementation of its primary objectives.
The Polish Nurserymen Association is an association of producers of trees, shrubs and perennials, as well as fruit plants. Its main goals are:
- representation anddefense of the interests of affiliated nurserymen,
- promotion of greenery andplants as well as the popularization of knowledge about trees, shrubs and perennials,
- dissemination of modern production methods and knowledge needed to run a nursery enterprise.
The lead undertaking of the association is the GREEN IS LIFE International Exhibition.
It is a member of the European Nursery Stock Association and a partner for others operating in the green industry (Polish Association of Garden Centers, Association of Landscape Architects).